Thursday, February 24, 2011

Millie Jackson: and email to friends

email : to friends
I used to listen to Millie Jackson as a teenager (1975) and this particular song, If Lovin you is Wrong (1974). There was this DJ Eric Fernando (Fernando is the most common last name in SL) who played this song often on the radio. I just loved the smooth rhythm and never listened to the words.
So after 30 odd years listened and still love it. The words make sense too.


Sonia Arango-Rivera's opinion/reply
Regarding Millie Jackson, I saw her for the first (and last) time at the Apollo Theater many years ago. I had purchased tickets with some friends to see Isaac Hayes who was very popular when his recording of "Shaft" became a big hit with both blacks and whites. On the bill with Isaac was Millie Jackson who was unknown to me and was I ever surprised when she began to sing and with each song her gestures and language got dirtier and dirtier. Not surprisingly, the audience loved her - the dirtier she got the more they clapped and screamed. When she finished her act, the audience kept asking for more and more. While I am not a prude by any means, she was too raunchy for me. I stayed only because I had paid premium for the ticket and wanted so much to see and hear Isaac Hayes.

I don't know if Millie Jackson is still performing or, for that matter, if she is still alive but, if she is, she knows how to drive the audience wild.

I don't think I've ever heard this song before it's a good blues song and I like it.

What Eric Fernando used to play: If Lovin is you is Wrong (1975)


Maybe the so so stuff. (1983 Slow Tongue )


Millie Jacksons version of Classical Music: London, 1984 (You have to listen)

3 comments:

  1. Obviously, blogs are for losers who don't have jobs and live with their Mothers
    . A blog is supposed to be about your life, well I guess that's why you post this crap because you don't have a life. Get off Blogspot you loser.
    P.S. Anyone reading this is also a loser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving only one comment or really two shows how boring this blog is and bogus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Finally someone who understands music.

    ReplyDelete